Q & R: Global challenges?
Here's the Q:
When you spoke [about your book Everything Must Change in Charlotte NC, you referred to 15 challenges from UN University but I have not been able to find them. Where should I look? Thank you for your help.
Here's the R:
You'll find information on the list here:
Here's the list:
1. How can sustainable development be achieved for all while addressing global climate change?
2. How can everyone have sufficient clean water without conflict?
3. How can population growth and resources be brought into balance?
4. How can genuine democracy emerge from authoritarian regimes?
5. How can policymaking be made more sensitive to global long-term perspectives?
6. How can the global convergence of information and communications technologies work for everyone?
7. How can ethical market economies be encouraged to help reduce the gap between rich and poor?
8. How can the threat of new and reemerging diseases and immune micro-organisms be reduced?
9. How can the capacity to decide be improved as the nature of work and institutions change?
10. How can shared values and new security strategies reduce ethnic conflicts, terrorism, and the use of weapons of mass destruction?
11. How can the changing status of women help improve the human condition?
12. How can transnational organized crime networks be stopped from becoming more powerful and sophisticated global enterprises?
13. How can growing energy demands be met safely and efficiently?
14. How can scientific and technological breakthroughs be accelerated to improve the human condition?
15. How can ethical considerations become more routinely incorporated into global decisions?
My additional question - how can people of faith bring the wisdom and other resources from their traditions to bear on these challenges in constructive, collaborative, generative ways? That question, with the others, could add great vibrancy to the "missional" conversation in the Christian community.
See the following post about the Everything Must Change Tour you mentioned ...